Policy & Legal Items
United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
The Convention is intended as a human rights instrument with an explicit, social development dimension. It adopts a broad categorisation of persons with disabilities and reaffirms that all persons with all types of disabilities must enjoy all human rights and fundamental freedoms.
It clarifies and qualifies how all categories of rights apply to persons with disabilities and identifies areas where adaptations have to be made for persons with disabilities to effectively exercise their rights and areas where their rights have been violated, and where protection of rights must be reinforced.
First Nation Reconciliation
Choices & Rights acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the lands in which we provide our services.
We also pay our respects to the Elders past, present and emerging, and acknowledge the continuing cultural influence they have on all Australians.
We are commitment to working together to transform the future into a time where discrimination in all its manifestations has no presence.
Choices & Rights Commitment to You
This document lets you know the level of service you can expect from Choices & Rights. The information in this document is taken from the NDIS policy publications.
What You Can Expect from our Organisation
We offer services in safe environments that are well managed to deliver positive outcomes for you, your family, and carers. At Choices & Rights
- we provide quality services delivered by skilled employees.
- our employees have the right values, attitudes, goals, and experience.
- our employees are supported and supervised to allow them to best meet your needs.
- we create and maintain accessible and safe physical environments.
- we are accountable to you and act in your best interests.
- we ask you, your family, and carers to give us feedback about our organisation.
You have the right to be treated well and to be involved in the community. You also have the right to make decisions about your life.
At Choices & Rights you will:
- have access to information and support from our employees to help you to understand and exercise your rights.
- receive a service that gives you choices about your social and cultural involvement.
- not be treated badly regardless of your race, sex, age, or ability.
- have your personal records and details about your life kept private.
- have your decisions respected, including about medical treatment.
- make the decisions about the supports you receive and will be supported and encouraged to fulfil your dreams.